Determined2® is an innovative, multiple award winning South Australian business specialising in the innovation and delivery of Immersion Therapy to people living with a disability, injury, or illness. Immersion Therapy uses scuba equipment to allow people with a wide range of disabilities to participate in movement-based activities in an underwater environment.
The service has demonstrated a wide range of reported benefits including improved mental health and mood, improved limb function, reduced swelling, and reduced pain.
Participants typically access the service as a part of their rehabilitation and support services funded through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), Return to Work SA (RTWSA), the Lifetime Support Authority (LSA) Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA)
We are always looking for passionate and talented individuals to join our team.
Current Available Positions:
Immersion Therapy Specialist
FIND OUT MORE...
Determined2 is currently seeking expressions of interest to fill multiple casual positions within our service delivery team. A qualification in either Exercise Physiology or Physiotherapy is preferred. We also encourage fourth year students in either of these fields to apply.
The service is primarily delivered in an underwater environment. All training relating to Immersion Therapy will be provided. Previous scuba experience is beneficial but not required.
Successful applicants will need to commit to 75 hours of placement prior to training and be able to demonstrate alignment with our service delivery pillars https://determined2.com.au/about-determined2/
Tasks & responsibilities
- General setup of equipment
- Set up equipment for allocated participants
- Assist other staff where required
- Manage presentation of workspace including daily housekeeping
- Deliver Immersion Therapy sessions in line with Immersion Therapy Specialist Guidelines
- Breakdown equipment after each session
- Ensure equipment is appropriately cleaned and stored
- Assist with pack up
- Notes completed on each session (Session Reflection)
- Follow all reasonable work instructions, work procedures and practices to maintain the health and safety of yourself and others in the workplace
Qualifications & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Physiology with ESSA accreditation or
- Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy with AHPRA registration
- Completed 75 Hours of placement with Determined2 to demonstrate alignment with business expectations
- Able to follow systems and processes
- On the job training post placement including Immersion Therapy Specialist Training Course
- Opportunity to join innovative and award-winning provider
- Flexible working roster with morning, afternoon or full day shifts available
Pay it Forward
About Determined2 (cont.)